Along our weight loss journey I knew the day would come where meatless recipes would pop up into our weekly meal prep. As you can tell from the rest of the site, we tend to lean more to the “meat-atarian” side then the vegetarian side of things and as a self proclaimed meat-atarian the first time I saw this recipe with such nominal ingredients and such a short prep and cook time I quickly thought to myself ” There is no way this is going to keep me full or satisfied” and I started planning what I was going to need as a snack shortly after dinner.
Well wow was I wrong. The combination of the chickpeas and the rice was more than enough to make me feel full and the red curry paste gave this meal an incredible kick that helped to remove any cravings for something that may have been missing afterwards.
This recipe is perfect for those days when you need something quick and easy or for those of you who meal prep it is perfect for getting 4 very quick meals ready in a very short period of time so you don’t have to spend your whole Sunday in the kitchen.
Chickpea & Broccoli Curry
KCAL: 399 Protein: 15g Carbs: 43g Fat: 21g Fiber: 13g (rice not included)
- 1 can (400ml) Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp Red Curry Paste
- 2 Broccoli heads
- 1 can (400g) Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 1/3 cups cooked Basmati rice
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan over medium-high heat then sauté the broccoli for 3-4 minutes.
- Add curry paste and mix in for another 2 minutes
- Add the coconut milk and stir everything together. Lower heat and simmer for 5-8 minutes
- Stir in chickpeas and bring back to a simmer
- Mix the cornstarch and water together in small bowl until cornstarch has completely dissolved (no lumps) then slowly pour the mixture into the pan stirring constantly while doing so
- Simmer for 1 more minute then remove from heat.
- Serve over a 1/3 of a cup of basmati rice and Enjoy!