So for those of you who have tried my Chicken, Sausage & Peppers recipe and enjoyed it, have I got a new one for you!! This simple dish from Chef Gordon Ramsay has launched itself into the #1 spot on my all time favorite one pot recipe list. This is my new definition of comfort food and nothing would make me happier than to sit down on the couch with a bowl full of this and watch Netflix and chill.
The flavours from the chorizo and paprika, the texture of the peppers and the freshness from the tomatoes and parsley make this an incredibly balanced dish that you will just want to make over and over again.
So let’s not keep you from it any longer, this is what you need and how you make it.
Spicy Sausage Rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper chopped ( larger pieces, seeds removed)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4-5 spicy sausages depending on the size. casings removed (chorizo is our favorite)
- 1 heaping tsp of smoked paprika
- 1 cup of long grain rice
- 1/2 glass of white wine
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 1 large roma tomato roughly chopped
- small bunch of flat leaf parsley roughly chopped
- Add the tbsp of oil to a heavy-based casserole dish (see image below) and over medium heat cook the onions so they are translucent but not browned. About 5-6 minutes. then add the peppers and garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Turn your heat up to maximum, push the onions peppers and garlic to the sides making a well in the middle and crumble in the sausages. cook for 4-5 minutes until sausages start to brown.
- Add the heaping tbsp of Paprika and salt and pepper to taste and mix well
- Add the rice still on high heat and stir it in for about 30 seconds allowing the rice to pick up the flavours from the pan. deglaze the pan with the white wine and then add the chicken stock. Bring to a boil, turn the heat down and let it simmer for 12- 15 minutes stirring occasionally until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and gently stir in the tomatoes an parsley
- Serve and Enjoy