I love this time of year!! With the basil and the cherry tomato plants in the garden taller than my 3 year old it is obviously time to put those fresh ingredients to good use, and this quick and easy Caprese Chicken recipe uses both of them perfectly.
With next to no prep time and about a 30 min cook time, this recipe is perfect for those nights when you have to get dinner on the table quickly as well.
Hope you enjoy this dish as much as we do
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp freshly torn basil
- 4 slices of mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook until golden and cooked through, 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add balsamic vinegar to skillet, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add tomatoes and season with salt. Let simmer until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in basil.
- Return chicken to skillet and nestle in tomatoes. Top with mozzarella and cover with a lid to melt.
- Spoon tomatoes over chicken and serve.
Please give this recipe a try and then leave me a comment and let me know how it turned out. Enjoy!!