Whether they are sliced up on top of a chefs salad, mashed into an egg salad sandwich, or just peeled and eaten for a snack, hard boiled eggs always taste better when they don’t have that yucky grey ring around the yolk. Follow these 5 simple steps below to get the perfect hard boiled egg every time
Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1 ice bath (medium bowl containing cold water and ice)
- Gently place the eggs into a medium sauce pan
- Fill sauce pan with water until water is about 1/2″ to 1″ over the top of the eggs
- Put the sauce pan on the element on medium heat. When the water begins to boil, remove from heat and cover with a lid for 11 minutes
- once the 11 minutes is up quickly and gently transfer eggs into an ice bath to stop the cooking process
- Once eggs have cooled all the way, peel and serve
You can keep the peeled eggs in a container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days so don’t be afraid to cook a couple extra.
Please give this recipe a try, then leave a comment to let me know how it turned out. If you are interested in learning more about who I am and would like to see additional photos of the meals I cook, please check out my social media links at the bottom of the page Enjoy!!