OK, So we’ve done My Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich which I really enjoy on a quiet morning when the kids have gone to school, but when the family is feeling like doing breakfast for supper this is one of my regular go-to’s. The time it spends baking in the oven is perfect for whipping up some hash browns for the side to complete the meal. As an added bonus, I find that there is usually a few sliders left over so I wrap them up individually and take them to work for lunch the next day. 15 seconds warmed up in the microwave and they are good to go.
12 Dinner rolls or Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 9 eggs, scrambled
- 6 slices of ham
- 6 slices of white cheddar cheese
- 8 strips of cooked bacon
- 3oz (15g) baby spinach
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Slice the rolls in half lengthwise. Place the bottom half in a 9 x 13 inch rimmed baking dish.
- Spread the eggs evenly over the roles, then add the ham, cheddar, bacon, and spinach. Top with the remaining rolls.
- Brush the tops of the rolls with melted butter and sprinkle the pepper on top. Bake for 20 minutes or until the bread is golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Slice into individual sliders, then serve.
If you don’t mind the calories or the guilt, brush the tops of the buns with leftover bacon grease as a substitute for melted butter.
Try using freshly cracked black pepper over the top as well. It gives it a nice peppery kick. Don’t be afraid to try some different cheese slices. Swiss is one of my favorite substitutes, but stay away from the processed cheese slices, they melt too fast and will just leave a mess in the pan.
Please give this recipe a try, then leave a comment to let me know how it turned out. If you are interested in learning more about who I am and would like to see additional photos of the meals I cook, please check out my social media links at the bottom of the page Enjoy!!