Having friends or family over to watch the game, or the fights , or even your favorite awards or reality show?? This is an easy recipe that will feed a crowd without using every pot and pan in the cupboard, and give you plenty of time to get the house clean for company.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Credit: This recipe has been passed on from friend to friend for years. I got it from my friend Dave
- 5 or 6 chicken breasts (enough to cover the bottom of your slow cooker)
- 1 bottle (475ml) Ranch Dressing
- 1 bottle (354ml) Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 1 pkg (250g) Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 long baguette
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of your slow cooker
- Pour in the bottles of Ranch Dressing and Franks Red Hot Sauce
- Cut the brick of cream cheese into 8 little pieces and then add to slow cooker
- Put the lid on and then cook on high setting for 2 1/2 hours or low setting for 5 hours. Don’t worry if all of the cream cheese hasn’t melted when the timer goes off, it will blend in as you shred the chicken.
- Grab a fork in each hand an begin to pull (shred) the chicken apart until there are no more large pieces in the pot.
- Give one last stir and spoon into a serving bowl.
- Cut baguette into bite size slices and serve
This was a recipe and my friend made many years ago when there was a group of us at his place to watch football all day on a Sunday, and I’ve made it during football season every year since. Don’t be afraid to play with this one as well. There are many different types of Ranch or Blue cheese dressings, and Frank’s Red Hot now has several different flavors you can try. Please give this recipe a try and then leave me a comment and let me know how it turned out and if you found a combination of dressing and sauce that you like best definitely let me know (PS. This recipe will also work in a roasting pan cooking low and slow in the oven). Enjoy!!
1 thought on “Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip”
Great article Alex … and the recipe looks and sounds delicious. I don’t care for the football but the food is a sure winner.