Baked Jalapeno Popper Chicken Spaghetti
Credit: Twisted Food
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 250ml whipping cream
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter
- 8 rashers bacon, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 jalapenos, deseeded and diced
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 350g dried spaghetti
- some reserved pasta water (about 1 cup)
- Toss the three cheeses with the cornflour and set aside.
- Cook the spaghetti following the directions on the package. reserve 1 cup of the water then drain and set aside.
- Fry the bacon in a non-stick saute pan until quite crisp. Add butter, jalapenos and garlic and fry until fragrant.
- Add cream, cream cheese, salt, pepper and chicken. Stir to combine and simmer briefly.
- Turn the heat off and stir through half the cheese mix. Add the cooked pasta and the cup of pasta water. Mix well.
- Remove from heat and transfer to baking dish. Top with remaining cheese mix. Bake for 15 minutes at 180°C, then grill on high until the top is a pleasing, crisp brown.
- Serve and Enjoy!!
I think you will find that this dish has all of the flavours of a jalapeno popper, but is very low on the heat scale. I am going to play around with this dish a little more. And for you spice lovers out there, I’m going to come back and add some “how to spice it up” tips for you . Please give this recipe a try and then leave me a comment to let me know how it turned out. Enjoy!!
1 thought on “Baked Jalapeno Popper Chicken Spaghetti”