This is a recipe I have made about a hundred times, and I have made equally as many variations using this as a launching point. I have added Italian sausage and sun-dried tomatoes, I have added cajun chicken that I grilled and sliced up and then crumbled in some bacon to finish it off . I have sauteed some mince garlic into the melted butter before I added the cream. The wonderful thing about this recipe is that truly is a blank slate and there is no limitations to what your creation can turn in to.
- 1 450g package of fettuccine pasta
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions
- In a large skillet melt the butter ( do not burn)
- Add cream, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Simmer for a couple of minutes to reduce and thicken the sauce.
- Remove from heat and add the cooked pasta to the skillet. Add in the Parmesan cheese and toss to combine everything together