There is a post that shows up on my wife’s Facebook page every year that always gets a bunch of likes and comments, and the most common thing being said is ” What is the recipe??” Well everyone, here it is!!
Jack Daniels Fudge
- 5 cups of sugar
- 2 sticks of butter (1 cup or 220 grams)
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- 25 large marshmallows, ripped in half
- 1 1/2 cups 60% cocoa bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup Jack Daniels Old No. 7 Tennessee Whiskey
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the Jack Daniels whiskey with the powdered sugar and set aside
- Foil and butter a 9×13 (or slightly larger) cake pan
- Put the sugar, butter, milk and vanilla in a large heavy bottom pot. Over medium-high heat stir the mixture steadily until it comes to a boil. Continue stirring while letting it boil for another 3 minutes ( make sure you time it, this is very important!!) Than remove from heat.
- Add the marshmallows and the chocolate chips, stirring until all of it is melted and blended into the sugar mix
- Give the whiskey mixture that you had set aside a quick stir and then add it to the pot, stirring until it is fully incorporated.
- Pour the entire mixture into the foil lined greased pan, and chill and let mellow for a day before cutting