You gotta check this one out!! It’s pork on pork and it’s stuffed with all kinds of big flavors and basted with some honey, beer, and mustard glaze!!
Summer Grilled Pork
- four 1 inch thick pork chops
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 12 slices of bacon
- 3 tbsp cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2 tbsp panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup thin strips roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped drained artichoke hearts (jarred in water)
- 2 tbsp sliced pickled jalapenos
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup beer (IPA style preferred)
- Pound out each pork chop between two pieces of plastic wrap until 1/4 inch thick. Season both sides with salt and pepper
- Preheat a grill to medium
- On a large sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil, lay the bacon strips vertically, overlapping them by 1/4 inch. Arrange the pork chops in one layer over the bacon. spread a thin 2-inch-wide layer of cream cheese horizontally across the portion of pork chop closest to you. On top of the creme cheese, evenly distribute the bread crumbs, roasted red pepper, artichokes, and jalapenos. Starting with the edge closest to you, carefully roll the pork into a cylinder, lifting the foil to keep it outside the roll. Drizzle the vinegar over the bacon and close the foil tightly to keep the cylindrical shape.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, combine the honey, mustard, and beer. Simmer for 4-5 minutes, until reduced by one-third and thickened. set aside half of the sauce for serving and the other half for basting
- Place the foil-covered cylinder on the grill and cook for about 7 to 8 minutes on each of the four sides. Remove the foil and crisp the bacon on the grill, turning four times and basting with the honey-mustard sauce at each turn. Remove from grill after basting. The temperature in the middle of the meat should register 140°F
- Let rest for 5 minutes, then cut into 3/4 inch slices. Serve with the remaining honey-mustard sauce.